Friday, October 3, 2008

3 October 2008

I was asked to write a reflection after the farewell assembly for the school web. I might as well post it on my blog too. :D

Today's farewell ceremony was definitely tears-jerking. When I saw the slides, my nose turned sour immediately, and tears started to fall, however it wasn't a heavy rain.

Frankly speaking, I don't have a good memory. I can't even remember what I had for my dinner yesterday! However, when I was asked to recall the days I had with Temasek, many things came up to my mind. Temasek had left such an impression on me that every single memory I had with the school seemed to have carved in deeply into my head.


It has dawned on me that I had sung my school song for the last time, I had made my last Temasek cheer, and I had spent my last moment with my classmates, schoolmates and of course, with my teachers.

The encouragement from the teachers had spurred me on. They had gave me the drive to study hard and made me more determined to achieve good results for my upcoming O' levels. Many of my friends commented that they can't bear to leave the school and I felt the same, however I know we had to leave eventually, and it is a fact that we cannot change.

Nevertheless, Temasek is my school and it will always be, because Once a Temasekian, always a Temasekian.

Oh shucks.... Now my nose is sour again....

(((Sniffing)))
Jean