Thursday, April 10, 2008

Speech Day

10 April 2008, Temasek Secondary School's 27th Speech Day.

I screwed it all up.

Yup, I screwed up in an extremely formal and serious event. Ya... you guys must be thinking: "Are you nuts?!?!?!". Nevermind, I'm OK, go ahead and think, I don't blame you, cause I thought so too myself. I REALLY AM NUTS!!!

Who on earth would dare to screw an important event up like this??? I must be out of my mind.

You guys must be thinking: "Stop the suspense, how did you screw up Speech Day?!?!?!"

Ok, here goes...

Firstly, I numerously (take note of the word numerously) and almost, presented the wrong award to the wrong person. Adeline and the teacher were so shocked and anxious when I took the wrong award. Luckily, I came to my senses when I realised I've got the wrong award and quickly changed it to the correct one.

The above happened during the first part of Speech Day's prize presentation. Thank goodness, nothing went wrong as I discovered my mistake before presenting the award to the G.O.H.

During the second part of the prize presentation, things started to go wrong. As this time, I did not discover my mistakes made as above, and presented it to the principal. Then the principal found out that the award that she was holding was the wrong one, she told me, and my teacher changed it quickly for her. And this situation, happened twice.

I felt very guilty after the presentation. I screwed up everything!!! Adeline said that the teacher told me to read/ double confirm that the name was correct before presenting the prize, but I didn't!!!! What on earth am I thinking about at that point of time?!?!?!

Sometimes I really can't stand myself.

Gosh.... I am in for, BIG TIME!!!!

Sayonara
Jean