Thursday, August 27, 2009

Emotionally Attached

I'm that sort of person who will hang on to the past tightly and (unless I have to) I'll simply refuse to move on.

5 years ago, daddy decided to change away old Volvo for a new car. I felt rather ambivalent: On one hand I couldn't bear to leave old Volvo, but on the other hand, I felt rather excited about getting a new car. In order to make me feel better, daddy allowed me to be involved in the entire "buying-a-car" process.

I've always loved Jaguar.

(I've got to admit, I like Jaguar because superficially I was attracted by the small Jaguar statue that is sticking out in front of the car: I find it extremely cute.) OK, back to the point, believe it or not, I like Jaguar is because I've always admire Jaguar's sense of majestic-ness. Hence I suggested Jaguar to daddy. Maybe great minds think alike, daddy was considering Jaguar as well.

So soon, we decided on Jaguar. I gave my views on the colours of the exterior and interior of the car, the kind of car plate to be used...etc. Daddy, mummy took most of my suggestions therefore, practically, I was the one making all the decision regarding the car. I was totally involved in this process and I was enjoying it.

When we received the car, everyone was exhilariated. I was the most excited one as I considered the car to be the baby of my decisions. Mummy suggested that we should give the small Jaguar statue a name. Without our consent, she name it 'Nancy.' Net and I were against it but sooner or later, we called it Nancy without even realising it.

Last year, some rascals stole 'Nancy' - the small Jaguar statue. We felt sorry and devastated. Then we've got it replaced and then we named the new small Jaguar statue 'Albert'.

Jaguar had always been there for the family when we need it. I don't know about the family but I was very thankful. I vowed to myself, that I shall dedicated my first driving experience to Jaguar, my baby.

But everything has got it's working period. Dear old Jaguar had reached it's maximum working period. We have got to change.

I was against it. Jaguar was my baby! How could I forsake it for another car? Hence, this time, I pulled myself out of the "car-buying process". I refused to involve myself, not even going for test drive.

Last Saturday, We left Jaguar with the sales, and brought home a car that I'm totally unfamiliar with. Before we left the place, I gave 'Albert' the-small-Jaguar-statue a little pat and thats the last time I'll be able to see it.

I left with a heavy heart. I felt like crying. But I know, if my tears fall, daddy and mummy will definitely mock me. Hence, I maintianed my cool, and remained very very quiet throuhout the whole journey home. Of course occationally, mummy will ask me, if the the car is nice or not. I would give an insincere and untrue answer that the car was fantastic....etc.

Maybe because this time round I didn't involve myself too much with the car choosing and other stuff, I guess that explains why I felt less emotionally attached to Audi.

Audi can never replace Jaguar.
I guess it never will.

Jean