Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Last of Everything

"You must cherish the fact that your teachers still bother to scold you for not handing in your homework. When you proceed with secondary school life, your teacher may not even care if you hand up your homework or not."

This was the one and only sentence that my primary 6 subject teachers never fail to repeat when we are leaving the school and going on with secondary school life. At that time, I am definitely unhappy about it. It makes me very reluctant to leave school.

But now, I would hereby like to prove them wrong. My secondary school teachers still bother to scold us for not handing in our homework. In the other words, they still care for us.

Well even though the above sentence contains fallacies, now that I'm preparing to leave my secondary school and proceed with the post secondary school life. I am still hearing it. Not from my teachers (some of them did... I guess, I remember hearing them saying this....) but my friends who had already graduated and my parents.

This time, it does no impact on me..... Not!!! I'm still very upset about it... And I'm reluctant to leave again.

Last friday was the school's annual Cross Country cum National Day Celebration. I'm not the sporty-type of person and I classified myself as the 'Care Less and Lazy' type. So the word Cross-Country spoils my mood of enjoying and celebrating National day. I am so reluctant to go. But just two days before the event, something hit me real hard on the head. I told myself: "I must be nuts to miss this Cross-Country and National Day celebration! I may not have the chance to attend it again!!!"

Thus I went. Despite several excuses gave from my my lazy devilious self, still, I dragged my feet to East Coast Park and spend my morning with the school. Not for health concerns, that I want to wake up early and exercise, but for my school, because I want to spend my last of every school event with my teachers, my friends and my school. As I know, I might not have the chance to enjoy them... at the very least, not with Temasek Scondary School again.

Next would be the last annual Teacher's Day celebration for me. I would like to make it fruitful and enjoyable for all my teachers. And hopefully, on that day, it will earn a respectful, memorable, fun and honorary page in my memory album.

The Last of Everything.

(((Sentimental)))
Jean