Thursday, February 5, 2009

Finger and Ring/ TMS and Me

I've got a ring.

I bought it four to five years ago when my family and I went for a holiday trip in Hong Kong. Hmmm... come to think of it, Hong Kong is a nice place, and I've been longing to go there again ever since then :P. Err... ok back to point...

Hong Kong has many shopping malls, that sells many wonderful articles of luxury. I didn't intend to buy that ring at first, however, that night, while we are visiting the mall, my companions simply couldn't resist their temptations and ended up buying a whole loads of stuff. Due to peer pressure, I simply can't lose out to them, I decided to buy something for myself. In other words, I'm just buying for the sake of buying. :P

I spotted a nearby shop that sells small accessories. Without having to consider much, I quickly marched in to the shop, and "grabbed" what fancies my eyes at that point in time.

Its that ring in which had caught my eye. Its pretty common ring. Nothing unique about it. It just happened to catch my attention at that particular moment. I bought it for S$2. Ever since, I've been wearing it on my Ring finger everyday and everynight.

Since I'm an impulsive consumer, I didn't really try out for the size and such. So after I bought it, I realised that, that ring could only fit in perfectly on my left Ring finger. :P

I've been wearing that piece of metal on my ring finger for a whole four/five years now. Unfortunately, my school didn't really allow such accessories to be found in student's possessions so I have to take it out during school hours.

However, like I've mentioned earlier, that old piece of metal had been there with me for four to five years, my Ring finger had already gotten used to a ring binded around it. And with the presence of the ring, it had instill a sense of security in me and at the same time in my Ring finger. Now I'm asked to remove the ring, myself and the Ring finger doesn't seem to agree, and always, the Ring finger and I felt that something is missing, and that sense of security is no longer there anymore. :(

Frankly speaking, I know, me and my Ring finger should quickly adapt to our changes and quickly get used to the life without the ring's companionship. We should move on with life, and understand that the ring is still with us, it will not leave us for another finger/owner, and we have to accept also to understand that we can only wear it occasionally.

I'm sure both of us, me and my Ring finger could let it go and seriously move on. And someday, I know could wear it full time again! Its just a temporary parting!

The above mentioned were true, however It had dawned upon me that the same situation applies to me and TMS. Taking the ring as TMS and my Ring finger as myself. I finally understood that I have to let TMS go. I have to accept my life without TMS.

Four to five years ago, I was posted to Temasek Secondary School after my PSLE. Seriously speaking, I felt nothing towards TMS at that point in time. I just go into the school for the sake of going in. But as time passes, throughout these four to five years, I've met many wonderful teachers and friends and I was simply amazed by what TMS had given me(if I'm a more 'enthu' person, TMS would give me even more). I grew a sense of belonging and affection towards the school. Its a feeling that I've never tasted in my whole entire life, and I'm pretty glad that I've felt it for TMS.

This week was a tough week for me emotionally. I've been trying to adjust myself to adapt to the sudden changes around me, and many of the times, I couldn't help it but to compare my new school with TMS. That makes my life really hard.

Mum's commented that I was childish, her comment hit me real hard the my head, and today, I think I've woke up. TMS won't be there for me forever, and of course at the same time, TMS won't leave me, its always there, in regardless at Upper East Coast Road or in my heart. I could still visit it occasionally when I miss it. And in the future, when I really become a sec sch teacher, I may even teach there full time! Its just a temporary parting between me and Temasek Secondary School! Besides, absence makes the hearts grow fonder!

I think I'm awake.

I think I'm starting to accept the changes surrounding me.

Next week I'm going back to TMS for the last time, until my SGC and O' level cert is ready.

Till then
Cheers
Jean