Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Last gathering for year 2007

Last gathering for year 2007

25 December 2007, Christmas, marks the very ending of family gatherings I've had for the whole of 2007.

Today, I attended the very last gathering I've had for the year.

Every year, I always am reluctant to go for this gathering, organised by the relatives from my father's side. Not because I get all emotional for attending that very last gathering, it was because that this would be ranked the most boring gathering I've ever been to for the entire year.

This year is no exception. :(

I don't blame the organiser, you know. I mean this annual gathering is only 2 years old. That organiser only had 2 years of experience for organising a gathering. So if he/she doesn't do a fantastic job, I wouldn't be surprised.

I dreaded to go there. I have no cousins or relatives whom I'm able to "click" with. I went there merely because I didn't want to disappoint my grandmother. As you see, the sight of family reunion makes her really happy.

The age range over there were wider (4yrs to 70yrs) as compared to the relatives on my mother's side (1yrs to 40yrs). As there were so many children age under 5, the whole focus was on them. And for my age-ranged cousins, were all book-worms. So to them, I am the rebelious one as compared to the book-worm cousins.

Even my parents were bored, and start playing with the handphone games (rare sight indeed).

I know, they wanted to create that kind of party, celebrative atmosphere. But for their serious and tense characteristics, it will not be successful.

Sayonara

Kazuki