Monday, August 9, 2010

Fireworks 烟火

The fireworks were spectacular!

"Shining, Shimmering, Splendid"!
- Aladdin's theme: A Whole New World
How apt right?

Split seconds of beauty had left quite an impression - that will most probably last for a long time - on me.

The fireworks exploded in the sky and sparkled.
Giving light, glow and life to the quiet and dark dark night.
Within those mere seconds, while indulging in the extravaganza of fireworks, they took me away.
The fireworks took my breath away.
They made me forget about my loads, expectations, responsibilities and anxieties.
A sudden yearn to pursue freedom.
A sudden urge to breakfree from entrapment.
I felt free. Free of loads. Liberated.

I'm comfortable with what I was feeling then.
I wanted it to go on forever.

However when the fireworks ceased... like fallen stars from above.
I was on the verge of breaking free; this close; so close - so close, and yet so far.
I was chained, before I could fly out of my cage.
The after-effect was overwhelming.
Emptiness, disappointment.
It felt like theres nothing to look forward to anymore.
I am trapped, once again, with loads, anxieties, responsibilities and expectations.

Its amazing how these split seconds could evoke such mixed feelings.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate the opportunity given, to allow me to escape from my anxieties, though it only lasted for quite a short while.

烟火绽放的那一刻,我感觉自己是幸福的,是快乐的。
逃离现实,暂且抛开烦恼,忘掉责任与压力。
啊!自由!
七彩缤纷映入眼帘,看得我目不暇给,还真的有点‘吃不消’。

我自私的想要那一瞬间永远停格;我想要烟火就这样永远地绽放下去。

当烟火消逝,失望与空虚涌入心头。
没了盼望,没了期待。
又得面对现实,被提醒了我是个有烦恼、有责任的人。
自由呢?不见了吗?
被束缚着,窒息。

我开始嫉妒烟火。

璀璨的烟火虽然只有那几秒的魅力,但至少它曾经灿烂过,曾经精彩过,它曾经在人们的心中留下印象 - 深刻的印象。
它会被记得的。
它是自由的。
它绝不屈服于被约束,被束缚。
绽放。

它的美是不切实际的。
它的美是属于它自己的。
就像孔雀开屏,它在炫耀自己的魅力,惹人妒嫉。

做个烟火吧。
学它的‘凡走过必留痕迹’。
学它的自信。学它的我行我素。
学它的‘人生观’∶ 即使只能‘活’这么一点时间,也必须‘活’得快乐,‘活’得潇洒,‘活’得漂亮。

PS: HAPPY 45th BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!! :D
Jean