Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pride or Friendship

To me, Net is an expert in friendship. She could analyse my problems and give me very professional advice and solutions. Sometimes I really have to take my hat off her. Therefore I often had to consult Net about my friendship problems.

Recently I encountered a friendship problem. As usual, I asked Net for her opinion. Somehow I could sense that she is frustrated by all my problems, stubborness and stale thinking, nevertheless she gave me a sentence and left me thinking.

"For goodness sake, can't you see it??? Your pride is in your way!!! Your pride is your obstacle in maintaining good friendship with other people!!! Why can't you for once forsake that pride of yours temporary and build a good friendship???"

My pride??? Obstacle??? How??? Why???

Net couldn't stand me for being dumb and slow in understanding what she meant, she then told me:

"You never try to take the initiative to start a conversation because you are afraid of rejection. You are afraid that people might return you with some nasty remarks. You are afraid because your 'skin isn't thick enough'. In another words your pride is too strong. Do you get what I mean???"

I... I... My pride???... Gosh... I never knew... I... really don't know what to say...

Now I am left with 2 choices, my pride? or my friendship with other people?

Sayonara
Jean