Monday, June 14, 2010

Accidentals

Did I mention that I love Accidentals?

Yes. I love Accidentals. :D

Well, its undeniable that some always appear at the most awkward places. Hence that makes them seem less able to... fit in. Yes. They just don't fit in to the pieces. Imperfection.

Sometimes, I do find them annoying and quite unpleasant to have, BUT they are the ones that bring out the uniqueness in many music pieces. They make the piece less rigid, less common, less expectable/predictable, more interesting and last but not least more surprising.

In my social circle, I consider myself as an accidental.
Yes. I don't fit in. I don't fit in anywhere. I'm like an accidental, I just appear there, once... Perhaps... once per phrase?... Or maybe once per two phrases?... Or maybe... just once, out of the entire piece of music, just once.

Yes, just like an accidental: I'm easily forgotten, I feel out of place and left out, I'm imperfect, I'm annoying and irritating. Nontheless, I'm proud to be an accidental, I'm proud to be myself.

So what if I don't fit in? So what if I'm imperfect and unpleasant to have? Just like an accidental, I'm full of surprises, I'm unpredictable, I'm unique.

I live my own way.

I understand how an accidental feels. I appreciate their presence. I appreciate accidentals.

For those accidentals out there, please don't feel sad about not fitting in. Just like how accidentals exist for a reason; just like how composers include accidentals in their pieces for a reason, each and everyone of us is an unique individual, we are US for a reason.
Feel good about being yourself.
Someday, you will definitely find someone who will appreciate you.

Live your own way.


Toodles
Jean