Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Draw

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my own creation.
I used to dwell for quite awhile just because of a flaw I found in my pieces, before I could convince myself to move on. And sometimes, those pieces never had a chance to be completed; I never get to move on.

I stopped drawing for a reason.
After much dwelling, when it has finally dawned upon me that the flaws never seemed to be corrected, I lost confidence. I lost my direction.
Then, someone came. He told me that I'm too blinded by my eagerness to complete a piece. Why not take a break, and maybe when I go back to it later, I may see things in a whole new perspective, and eventually able to complete the piece?

Yes. So I granted myself a break. A long break.

I've started drawing again. (Not counting those doodles and little pictures I've done on my lecture notes and whatnot. I mean a complete picture.) Yes after... a couple of years I suppose? I finally found that courage to pick up that long unsharpened pencil and started drawing.

I went back to where I've began.

I know I'm on the right track.

Jean