Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thoughts

I'm pretty upset with myself today.

Despite all the practicing and memorizing, I still couldn't get all the notes right.
Gavotte is fine... Summer Breeze is still OK... Sleepers Awake was a huge disappointment. (The thought of/ the fact that I've spent all my weekends playing the song and still unable to get it right, is just plain frustrating.)

I guess I'm too used to listening to my own sound, so when it comes to playing the songs with the whole ensemble, I find it quite challenging (Largely could be because I can't hear myself). Well, now I need to familiarize myself with the notes (MORE), and try to pay (MORE) attention during ensemble sessions.

However, I'm very happy with the ensemble's performance today. I sense improvement, and I thought the sound produced was quite engaging. Hmmm... however, it was pretty untidy at some parts here and there, but overall, I would say, its a great leap from the previous session. :D (*Applause!! *Clap Clap Clap!!!)

The NTU (Nanyang Business School: Bachelor of Accountancy) talk had assured my path after A levels. Accountancy may not be the love of my life, but I've nothing against it. Especially when I have the foundation of Accounting in me, I think it'll make my life a tiny-bit easier when I'm in university. Of course, the premise is that I've done VERY WELL for A levels. If not, I'll go for ACCA, which is also another possible route to accountancy. :D Nevertheless, I'll try my best to strive for excellence, and get myself admit into NTU, Nanyang Business School. :D
And YES, thats my next goal in life.

But now, an easily achievable aim to look forward to before I could achieve my goal in life: TRY NOT TO DOZE OFF DURING TUTORIALS.

Jean