Friday, March 19, 2010

Unextinguished Passion/Dream

I'm annoyed by the fact that whenever I suggest to go somewhere, do something, or whatnot, the standard replies that I'll always receive would be: "Can we discuss/decide that after your exams?"

Ever since I could remember, I have been going through exams year after year, year after year, and year after year! It's like a on-going vicious cycle!

Years without major exams, you will always have those sickening Final Year Examinations to keep you company. If you perform badly for these exams, undesirable consequences await you.
So to prevent us from facing those undesirable consequences, we will have to, or rather we are expected to study day in, day out and all entertainments shall not be entertained.

Years with major exams??? Need I say more? (Its just simply a SIN to rest)

Hence, according to them, I guess, naturally, plannings for all the years will be "postponed indefinitely til further notice", because of those examinations that are almost never ending!
So, "Can we decide/discuss them after your exams?" will just be another lie to patronize or shoo us little kids off. They never really meant it, they just said it for the sake of saying.

Aren't they tired of giving empty promises?
Well, if they are not, I am. I'm tired of them. I'm tired of always hearing them, telling me to put things off after exams and whatnot because they are not as important.
So what is important? Diminishing my dreams?

So much for having a dream, a passion. Whats the use of haboring them when eventually, they will all be extinguished by all these lies and of course, reality?

Well, all I know is without dreams, I would feel incomplete.
No, I'll rephrase myself, without dreams, I know I'm incomplete.
Unlike them, pathetic creatures, who are so apathetic to everything in this world, I have dreams. And I know one day, I'll fulfil them one by one, regardless how fantastical or unrealistic they might be.

I'm whole because I can dream, and I have dreams.

What about you?

Jean