Saturday, November 13, 2010

The purpose to continue on

Before I start, heres a reality check: I'm bracing myself, as I know this coming April, is not going to be a good news for me... or rather for my loved ones.
So for those who are dear to me and are reading this, heres my apology in advance.
I have to make it clear to you that whatever happen later on is purely my fault, I'm just not cut out for this, so please blame no one else.

Ok, the main thing.

When I was younger, driven by my burning passion, I'm used to painting myself idealistic pictures of my dreams/future.
Unblemished by reality; Unrestricted by limitations of ability and of course the boundless scope of my imaginations, those were indeed, the most ideal future that I believed I would have.

But as I aged along with time, I'm coerced to recognise the presence of reality.
There are constant callings to remind you of your inabilities, telling you that "Unicorns do not exist, be realistic and get a life".

I have big dreams. Lots of them.
I want to create another one of Disney's classics.
I want to create an anime.
I want to write and then direct my own, be it a drama or a movie.
I want to draw my own comic.
I want to sing my own songs and release my own album.
I want Six Harmonix to play and sing our own songs and release our own album.
I want...

However I realised that each of my dreams are dashed upon the shore of reality, as I moved on with life.
Because I'm living in this real world, and I'm not.. or rather, never academically inclined, I have no choice but to succumb to reality.

The Plan.
It was perfect.
If my happiness was measured in monetary terms, I guess I'm not going to lose out if I follow The Plan.
But mine suggests otherwise.

Ergo, unable to fufill my dreams is definitely a regret, but at the same time, I've found myself another dream - leading a stable and simple life, together with my loved ones - which I find, to a certain extent, is more meaningful and purposeful for me to continue on through this journey of life.

Jean