Saturday, November 6, 2010

Roles

Stress has invaded my mind these few days.
I'll get all uptight and upset about major stuffs as well as minor stuffs easily.
But don't worry, I'll get over it.

As compared to yesterday, revision was more fruitful today. Memorizing is torturous but then again, its only for these few weeks, I shall endure without complains.

While thunder clashes and lightning strikes, with howling wind coupled with pounding rain trying to break my window, here am I, blogging at this ungodly hour - when I should be memorizing the mechanism of Nucleophilic Substitution and the reaction pathways for Organic Chemistry - along with a cuppa tea, nice and cozy. (I predict there will be a storm tonight - best weather to tuck myself under my cozy quilt and drift off to my dreamland. ^^)

Anyway, I've been trying hard to balance my role as a daughter, an elder sister and now as a girlfriend.
I've always thought that all these roles are separate entities, non of which would have conflict in interest with one another.
However, I realised that I was wrong.

I'm quite experienced in terms of being a daughter, 19 years in fact. Also, not to mention, 16 years of experience of being an elder sister.
However, less so as a girlfriend.

Though above said, while trying hard to play my role well as a girlfriend, I failed as a daughter and a sister.
I failed to understand.
I failed to consider their feelings.
Then, when I'm trying to make things right, I screwed up my role as a girlfriend.

I'm sorry but I'm selfish.

I never knew it would be so difficult.

Maybe we are all new to the change, and we are trying hard to make adjustments.
We'll adapt, soon enough.
We all need time.

Jean